Saturday, December 18, 2010

It all starts with a simple seed...

Life is beautiful!  


It is also short, sweet and full of mystery. Every day lies the opportunities to live fully, lightly and connect to our surroundings. 


Lately, I have been feeling as though I am stuck inside.  Not just inside a place, but also inside my head, lost in thoughts or dreams of what could be.  Over the course of the past few months, I have become more reflective, wondering, why so much thinking and so little doing? If I am always in my head planning, am I missing out on the point of living? Why not now? Why not dig in?  Enough thinking, it's time to live.


This is my challenge.


I don't want to watch life streak by, while I simply THINK about all the things I wish I could do. I want to make them happen. It's time to follow through with all the "I wants" that seem to spill forth from my mouth on a regular basis. No longer do I care to write list after list of all the projects, places, people, things I want to see, meet, do, explore, create....why not open the door and walk through?


This blog is my sounding post. My way of documenting the wants and wishes, passions and ideas, while taking those first steps to put them into action. From the simple, hemming my sleeve on my jacket, to the ambitiously large, hiking the camino, I am ready to make them all happen. 


For the next year, I will live intentionally, preparing, writing, planning and living my ideas, hopes and dreams. I will not only write about the experiences, share my thoughts, lessons, but also on occasion, put up pictures, and who knows what else will come out of this head of mine? What I hope I get out of this: an experience to live as I dream, to open doors into new directions, to no longer talk about how I wish I could do something, but instead share with others the stories that have come from the doing, the lessons, the experiences, the trials and the tribulations that each adventure brings. To create purpose and believe, that any dream, any idea is possible, it just needs a little follow through. 


And if not to kick start the whole project off with a bang, I will begin with the list of things that I intend to make happen over the course of the year: (these are by no means in any particular order)


1. Hike the Camino in Spain (idea since 2004)
2. Finish my quilt (began in 2006)
3. Make peach jam, preserves and pies (peaches gathered (and frozen) since August 2010)
4. Design, Sew and Wear winter coat (idea since 2008)
5. Get a table at the Bozeman Winters Farmers Market at least twice this winter (idea fall 2010)
6. Go running (the amount of times this statement makes it on my to do list, crosses my mind, and is talked about without ever actually going... is ridiculous)
7. Better yet, sign up for a 5k run of sorts, or create a fun 5k with friends....why pay money to run (unless its for a good cause)?
8. Garden, get a plot, plan the plot, plant the seeds, nurture it and watch how the garden grows
9. Host a monthly soup party, inviting friends for an evening of good conversations and hot bowl of soup
10. Keep Women's singing circle going twice a month, let it grow and continue to sing
11. Craft nights! Another community get-together where crafting is the name of the game. Learn new crafts, teach play
12. Do a big snow trek, rent a forest service cabin enjoying the views, sights and sounds of nature
13. Get out on skis or snowshoes on a more regular basis
14. Make use of my time in Bozeman, explore the area and the surrounding trails
15. Make the two baby cardigans I have planned, and then find purpose for the rest of the yarn in my basket, go to knit nights
16. Knit a hat for Kate before the end of January
17. Create an art show to put up in one of the Cafes around town
18. Play fiddle in a public place...in front of ....people! (this may be near the end of the year)
19. Volunteer at an outdoor education centre
20. Be courageous


....to name a but a few.


The seeds have been planted, time to let them grow!




No comments:

Post a Comment